Monday, February 8, 2010

i pledge allegiance to the blog.

dear very few blog followers,

it is my fault and no one else's that i have made no time for you. creating this blog was something i was so excited about and for some reason i let it fade. to anyone who was enjoying what i was writing or perhaps even (i hope!) gaining something from it, i am back!

this declaration is a scary one, i admit. it is frightening for me to put myself out there and commit to something i have complete control of. isn't that strange how we do that? this blog is mine and no one else's and i thoroughly enjoy writing it and yet i have been so lazy that it frightens me to commit to doing so. shouldn't it be easy to commit to something i enjoy? (see entry: the emperor's new groove)

ugh, yes, i should most certainly take my own advice, we all should! but it is definitely more difficult than dishing it out. and i find myself giving advice a lot. don't get me wrong, i am certainly not putting myself on any 'dear abby' pedestal, it's just an observation i have made. i am always answering questions about relationships and jobs and friends and family and when i go to tell myself how to handle carbon copy situations, let's just say 'easier said than done' is a saying that applies to me sometimes.

and so i vow to take my own advice and do what i love and blog till my heart's content. hope you stick with me.

love,
madeline

2 comments:

  1. welcome back...i will stick by you through thick and thin...i love your mutterings

    ReplyDelete
  2. mutter butter is my favorite kind of butter

    ReplyDelete